South of England Pomeranian Club Rules & Regulations
1. THE CLUB: shall be called the South of England Pomeranian Club. 2. THE OBJECTS OF THE CLUB: shall be to promote interest in the breed by means of shows seminars etc. and to maintain accepted standards and to conform to the kennel clubs code of conduct and the clubs aims and commitments. 3. OFFICERS AND COMMITTEE: The club shall consist of a Patron, President, Vice Presidents, Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, a committee of 12 and an unlimited number of members. 4. THE MANAGEMENT OF THE CLUB: shall be in the hands of the officers of the club and a committee of twelve. Each member to serve a term of three years. Names of the retiring members to be printed in the mid-year show schedule. Nominations for the election of officers and committee shall be proposed and seconded in writing, and the nominee shall countersign the proposal form indicating his or her willingness to serve if elected. The proposal must be sent to the Secretary not later than 14 days preceding the AGM.
The Patron President and Vice Presidents will not normally have to stand for re-election, but can be voted out of office if the members so wish.
The Chairperson of the club shall be elected from the committee by the members at the Annual General Meeting. The Chairperson shall preside at all meetings and shall have the casting vote. If for any reason the Chairperson is absent from a meeting the Vice Chairperson will preside over the meeting. Meetings of the committee shall be held as often as deemed necessary and after each Society show, or seminar.
A quorum for committee meeting shall be five.
The committee shall have the power to co-opt members on to the committee in order to fill vacancies until the next AGM. No person who has been a member for less than three years may be elected on to the committee. No person whilst an undischarged bankrupt may serve on the committee, or hold office or appointment within the kennel club registered society.
The Secretary and Treasurer when elected shall be appointed to serve for a term of three year's.
5. NEW MEMBERS: The names of any person wishing to join the society shall be put before the committee. Who will approve/disapprove the member's election? 6. VOTING RIGHTS: Each member shall be entitled to one vote (in the case of a partnership, each partner shall have one vote) after membership of twelve months. Voting shall be by secret ballot or a show of hands as decided at a meeting. No proxy or postal votes shall be allowed. 7. CLUB ASSETS: The Assets of the club shall be vested in the committee. Interest accrued in the bank account is for the good of the club, and not to be paid out proportionately to individual members.
In the event of the club ceasing to exist a general meeting shall be called to decide the disposal of the club assets. A final statement of audited accounts with a record of the disposal of the property of the society shall be forwarded to the Kennel Club within six months and the persons named as officers and committee of the society on the last return furnished to the Kennel Club for a proper winding up of the society.
8. FINANCE: A bank account shall be held in the name of the society into which all revenues shall be paid. And from which withdrawals shall only be made on the signatures of the Treasurer and Chairperson. All accounts shall be certified annually and presented to the members at the AGM. The financial year of the society shall run from January 1st to the 31st of December.
Honoraria may be paid to such officers as in the opinion of the committee are eligible for them. The committee may suggest names and amounts for such honoraria and the members at the Annual General Meeting shall have the power to confirm or amend such recommendations.
9. SUBSCRIPTIONS: The Annual Subscription shall be such an amount as agreed at the General Meeting and notified to the Kennel Club. No member whose subscription is unpaid shall be entitled to any privileges of membership and if the member shall fail to pay any outstanding subscriptions within three months, their name shall be removed from the register. Acceptance back on the register will depend on re-application. Subscriptions are due on the 1st January each year. 10. EXPENSES: AII expenses properly incurred by the Secretary and committee for on behalf of the club shall be defrayed out of club funds. 11. EXPULSION OF MEMBERS: Any member who shall be suspended under Kennel Club rule A42.j. (4) and/or any member whose dog(s) are disqualified under Kennel Club rule A42.j. (8) Shall ipso facto cease to be a member of the society for the duration of the suspension and/or disqualification.
If the conduct of any member shall, in the opinion of the committee of the society, be injurious or likely to be injurious to the character or interests of the society, the committee of the society, may, on giving notice, call a special general meeting of the society for the purpose of passing a resolution to expel him/her. Notice of the special general meeting shall be sent to the accused member giving particulars of the complaint and advising the place date and hour of the meeting that he/she may attend and offer an explanation. If at the meeting a resolution to expel is passed by a two thirds majority of the members present and voting, his/her name shall be forthwith erased from the list of members, and he/she may within two calendar months from the date of the meeting, appeal to the Kennel Club upon and subject to such conditions that the Kennel Club may impose. If the society expels any member for discreditable conduct in connection with dogs, dog shows, trials or competitions. The society must report the matter in writing to the Kennel Club within seven days and supply particulars required.
12. MEETINGS THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING: Shall be heId after the mid-year show.
The business shall be:
To read and approve the minutes of the last AGM
To receive the Chairpersons report
To receive the Secretaries report
To receive the and if agreed pass the certified accounts
To elect the committee (note existing members may be re-elected.)
To elect the Chairperson and officers
To decide honorariums
Election of judges (the committee to select three names for each show) these to be voted upon by members attending the AGM.
To consider any resolution duly placed on the agenda of which notice in writing was sent to the Secretary at least 14 days prior to the AGM.
Notice of the AGM will be printed in the schedule of the mid-year show and sent to all members’ at least 28 days prior to the AGM. No other business shall be transacted with the exception of routine matters and those which in the opinion of the chairperson are urgent.
13. Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dog s nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.
Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from club membership, and/or disciplinary action by the Kennel Club and/or reporting to the relevant authorities for legal action, as appropriate.
Members will when breeding dogs, adopt as a minimum standard the principles requirements and recommendations as embodied in the Kennel Club Assured Breeders Scheme. It is strongly recommended that members who breed should apply to join the scheme.